WE LIVE IN AN UNPRECEDENTED AGE
Attacks to our mental health come from all sides and all forms. The risks to our mental health come from ourselves, spouses, and children. They come from our coworkers, bosses, and customers. Increasingly they come from our churches and even from the government.
Come to this year's Emotional Intelligence Summit and receive the tools to help yourself and those around you as we discuss solutions to the modern challenges to Emotional Intelligence.
- Pain & Suffering
- Hormones & Mental Health
- Sexual Minority Mental Health
- Rapidly Rising Deaths of Despair & Suicide
- The Opioid & Prescription Drug Epidemic
- Proven Non Drug Approaches To Treating Mental Illness
- Marijuana Products & Emotional Health
- Enhancing Your Business Potential Through EQ
- The Feminist Movement & EQ
- How To Teach CBT Principles That Result In Overcoming Addictions
- Secrets To Real Conflict Resolution
- How To Get Sexual Integrity
- Enhancing Emotional Health Under Threatening Circumstances
- Relationships & Attachment Disorders
- Using Nutrition To Enhance Brain Health
- How To Increase Motivation & Willpower To Bring About Lasting Behavioral Change
- How To Maintain Emotional Stability Despite The Worst Physical & Emotional Pain
- & So Much More!
Learn from some of the greatest speakers on Emotional Intelligence.
MEET THE SPEAKERS
SCHEDULE AND TOPICS
EQ SUMMIT REGISTRATION — 10:00 — 12:00pm
12:30 — 1:30pm “The Essential Emotional Intelligence” - Robert Egbert, PhD
- Understand what emotional intelligence is
- Know how emotional intelligence compares with IQ for future success
- Learn the effects of high emotional intelligence
- Understand how a person can change their emotional intelligence
1:30 — 2:30pm “What to Do About the Rapid Rise in Deaths of Despair” - Neil Nedley, MD
- Know why longevity is decreasing for the first time in hundreds of years
- Understand why total death rates in middle age are skyrocketing especially in non-Hispanic whites
- Learn the accelerating rates of multiple addictions in the U.S.
- Learn what needs to change to reverse the accelerating trends of increasing premature deaths from alcohol, drugs, and suicide
2:30 — 3:00pm Break
3:00 — 4:00pm “Where There's a Will There's a Way: The Power of the Will in Behavior Change” - Jay Sutiffe, PhD, PhD
- Attendees will be able to categorize strategies and habits that strengthen the will
- Attendees will be able to identify the role of delayed gratification in the strengthening of the will
- Attendees will be able to apply the theory of planned behavior
4:00 — 5:00pm “Marijuana, Marijuana Products, and Emotional Intelligence” - Daniel Binus, MD
- Understand the effects of marijuana on emotional intelligence
- Know the effects of marijuana use on general intelligence
- Learn the benefits/risk and balancing those risks with the use of medical marijuana and marijuana products
- Understand how individuals can withdraw from marijuana safely and effectively
5:00 — 6:15pm Supper
6:30 — 7:30pm “Maintaining Emotional Control Under Threatening Circumstances” - Phodidas Ndamyumugabe, PhD
- Understand the effects of life-threatening circumstances on human emotional intelligence
- Explore ways to maintain emotional control under highly critical situations
- Learn how to look beyond the probable consequences of life-threatening circumstances and learn how to move beyond the desire to control the situation
EQ Summit - Weimar California
The 10th annual EQ Summit is hosted by Weimar Institute. Which is ideally located in the foothills of the Sierras, at about 2,000 ft. elevation, above the valley fog and below the heavy snow.
20601 W Paoli Ln, Weimar, CA 95736
Accommodations are not included with registration. For room reservations, contact the accommodations below.
Weimar Institute (Inn, Lodge, Dormitories)
20601 W Paoli Ln, Weimar, CA 95736
(530) 422-7933 | Website
Red Lion Inn & Suites - Auburn
(Reserve before Jan 16, 2019 to recieve special rate)
1875 Auburn Ravine Rd, Auburn, CA 95603
(530) 885-1800 | Website
Holiday Inn - Auburn
120 Grass Valley Hwy Auburn, CA 95603
(530) 887-8787 | Website
- Discounted (Early) Registration – $389 (on or before January 14, 2019)
- Registration – $449 (on or after January 15, 2019)
- Registration (no meals) – $315
22 hours CME Category 1 Credit: – $150
22 hours CEU Credit – $50
Full registration includes all seminars and 8 gourmet meals listed in the schedule of events.
Cancellations: You may request a refund, minus a $30 processing fee per registrant, through Thursday, February 6, 2019. Please substitute someone to attend in your place after this date. Registration closes Monday, February 11, 2019 at 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time.
Training the Trainer™
Nedley Depression and Anxiety Recovery Program™
Wednesday, Feb. 13, 8:00-5:00 — Thursday, Feb. 14, 8:00-11:00
Associate Directors – $375
Facilitators – $175
Alumni Directors/Facilitators – $75
Alumni Directors New Materials – $199
16 Hours CEU Credit – $50
Optimize Your Brain™
Sunday, Feb. 17, 2:00-6:00
Coordinators – $225
Alumni Coordinators – $50
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The Loma Linda University School of Medicine and Nedley™ Health Solutions. The Loma Linda University School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Loma Linda University School of Medicine designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 22 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has been planned and implemented in accordance with ACCME essentials and standards. The Loma Linda University School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education relies on its CME faculty to provide program content that is free of commercial bias. Therefore, in accordance with ACCME standards, any faculty and/or provider industry relationships will be disclosed and resolved.